The NYC PHIP Steering Committee consists of civic and health leaders from across New York City, convened to develop and promote collaborative strategies for improving health equity.
PHIP Steering Committee
Steering Committee charge:
- Amplify key messages and reports of the PHIP workgroups and projects.
- Support alignment of PHIP projects with relevant citywide efforts.
- Facilitate connections with local and regional stakeholders to advance PHIP goals.
- Strengthen the evidence base for interventions addressing health equity and social determinants of health, with a special focus on housing.
The Steering Committee is composed of leadership from the following organizations:
- NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (Chair)
- CUNY School of Public Health
- Fund for Public Health in New York City
- Greater New York Hospital Association
- NYC Health + Hospitals
- Jewish Association Serving the Aging
- Local Initiatives Support Corporation*
- Maimonides Medical Center**
- Metro New York Health Care for All Campaign
- The New York Academy of Medicine
- Staten Island Partnership for Community Wellness
- United Hospital Fund
*Representative of Designing a Strong and Healthy New York City (DASH-NYC) Workgroup
**Representative of the NYC Regional Planning Consortium Workgroup