The NYC PHIP Steering Committee consists of civic and health leaders from across New York City, convened to develop joint strategies and leverage resources to address the major health inequities facing New Yorkers today.
PHIP Steering Committee
Steering Committee charge:
- Review community health concerns and data on gaps in community health services, and convene actors who might address them.
- Spotlight effective interventions and draw out lessons that could be taken up by additional actors in the community.
- Facilitate collaboration with other citywide efforts that affect population health.
- Identify 1-2 target issues and create a multisector plan of action.
The Steering Committee is composed of leadership from the following organizations:
- NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (Chair)
- CUNY School of Public Health
- Fund for Public Health in New York City
- Greater New York Hospital Association
- Health and Hospitals Corporation
- Jewish Association Serving the Aging
- Local Initiatives Support Corporation**
- Maimonides Medical Center***
- Metro New York Health Care for All Campaign
- The New York Academy of Medicine
- Staten Island Partnership for Community Wellness*
- United Hospital Fund
- *Rotating member, representative of Partnership for a Healthier NYC
- **Representative of Designing a Strong and Healthy New York City (DASH-NYC) Workgroup
- ***Representative of the NYC Regional Planning Consortium Workgroup
Additionally, the Steering Committee includes representatives from the following groups:
- Age-Friendly NYC Commission
- DASH-NYC Workgroup
- NYC PHIP Advanced Primary Care Group
- NYC Regional Planning Consortium
The Steering Committee meeting schedule for 2017 is as follows:
- March 21, 2017, 9am – 11am
- May 24, 2017, 9am – 11am
- September 19, 2017, 9am – 11am
- December 12, 2017, 9am – 11am